So I've been following TONS of blogs on how be thrifty, how to save money, how to use coupons, homemade gifts...and the list goes on. What I have found is there are lots of people who shop at pharmacies (mostly CVS and Walgreens) for free. So here is my first try at Walgreens shopping and below is the breakdown of what i did. I have them listed as Trip 1, 2, and 3 but the kind lady at the register just let me pay 3 separate times.
The Loot
Trip 1
Dove Men's Body Wash ---------------$5.99
Manufacturer's Coupon for $1.50 off
Walgreens Register Reward $5.99 (these print out after you pay to use like cash on future purchases)
Orbit gum multi packs (3 per pack) - I bought 2 -----------Sale price 2/$3
Manufacturer's Coupon $1 off multipack
Manufacturer's Coupon $1 off multipack
Total Before Coupons and tax: 8.99
Total Paid: 5.88
Savings $3.50
Register Reward Printed $6 off future purchase
Trip 2
Venus Razor -------------$8.99
Manufacturer's Coupon $2.00 off
Walgreens register rewards $4.00
Olay body wash --------$4.79
Manufacturer's Coupon free with purchase of Venus Razor
Hall's cough drops----------$1.99
Hall's vitamin c drops------$2.29
Manufacturer's Coupon $1 off purchase of 2
Walgreens ad coupon .99 purchase price for Halls
Walgreens ad coupon .99 purchase price for Halls
Lorna Doone Cookies (single row) ----------$1.00
Ritz Crackers (single row)---------------------$1.00
Manufacturer's Coupon $2.00 off 2 nabisco products
Milky Way Caramel Candy Bar-------------0.69
Total before coupons and tax: 20.75
Total: $9.69
Used $6.00 register reward from trip 1
Total paid: $3.69
Total saved: $17.06
Register Reward $4 for future purchase
Trip 3
Pringles --------0.99
Fig Newtons (single row)----------------------$1.00
Ritz Crackers (single row)---------------------$1.00
Manufacturer's Coupon $2.00 off 2 nabisco products
Nutter Butter Cookies (single row)---------------------$1.00
Manufacturer's Coupon $1.00 off 1 nabisco product
Joy Dish Soap---------------1.99
Walgreens ad coupon .99 purchase price
Manufacturer's Coupon .35 off
Gillette Fusion Shave Gel----------$4.29
Walgreens ad coupon $1.99 purchase price
Manufacturer's Coupon $1.00 off
Cover girl Mascara --------------5.29
Cover girl eyeshadow----------5.49
Manufacturer's Coupon buy one get one free
Total before coupons and tax: 21.05
Total: $8.88
Used: $4 register reward from trip 2
Paid: $4.88
Total saved: 16.17
Overall
Spent w/out savings and tax: $50.79
Actually spent: $14.45
Actually saved:$36.73
YAY!!! So, I'm not the BEST at this "game" but I did alright.
On a side note, I did even better at DSW shoe warehouse. I had a $10 off a regular price item that was going to expire before we get back from FL so I went in and bought 3 pairs of Nike running socks for $0.01!! A penny! They were 10.95 and with my military discount and the coupon they cost 1 cent. So, THAT is the deal of the day!
And don't forget saving $120 at Macy's!!!
ReplyDelete