Wednesday, March 16, 2011

10 years is old...or is it?

10 years ago, I received my first (and largest) high school graduation present. My parents bought me a brand new, 2001, Montero Sport-Red. My car turned 10 yesterday - and I forgot to blog about it! My car has taken me many places, from Gainesville-GA, Destin-FL, Athens-GA, Valdosta-GA, Cheyenne-WY, Colorado Springs-CO, Denver-CO, Dayton-OH, and Newport News VA. She has traveled over 166,500 miles. She has survived numerous trips to college, to pageants, to visit my love at his first AF Base, got me to my wedding, made moves across the country, and even brought my baby Hank home from the hospital. She is dependable. She is reliable. She is my car. The question is...is she replaceable? We've shopped, been to car shows, and even test drove my favorite. I have plans on ordering a new car in July (for October delivery). There's nothing wrong with my car. I like that Hank can eat, spill, and play and we don't feel the need to freak out. So, we'll see (come July) if I can give up Red.

Thanks mom and dad for the gift 10 years ago! It's the gift that's still giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment