About 3 weeks ago, Hankers started climbing out of his crib. I was really unsure how to handle this. You know, there's nothing like your hubby deploying and your baby growing to make a girl cry. After trying to get him to stay in his crib one night (for over 45 mins), I told Hank that he WAS going to sleep in the crib or the big boy bed. He chose the big bed and went right to sleep. Really! I would have tried that earlier if I would have known he was going to stay in the bed. Over the past 3 weeks, nap times have become a challenge! He doesn't want to stay in the bed or the room. We have found him asleep in the recliner in his room, the floor, and my favorite - the day Papa called me to tell me he was "not in his room." It turns out, he was sleeping in the closet behind the door. Dad had to wake him up to move him to the bed.
Thankfully we're (mom, dad, and myself) are about to get Hank's sleep back in control. I want to travel some but I have no idea how that's going to work out. I'd really like it if he'd sleep in a pack and play so that I wouldn't have to find him a bed but let's be honest...that's never going to happen.
Also, he's growing out of his clothes! All the 24 months are getting washed and put away and I don't think the 2T's are far behind.
Did I mention that he's also cutting 4 teeth?
Well, that's the latest Hank update. I'm going to change him out of his cute Carhart overalls b/c the buttons keep coming unsnapped - I think we've grown out of this outfit too!
Enjoy the pic. This is where I found him during naptime one day, and yes, he reclined the chair all by himself.
sweet boy! he has a bed at the Herr house anytime!
ReplyDelete