Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nana


I copied this picture from her Facebook page -
that's right, she's 80 years old and on Facebook :)


Today I went to a memorial service to celebrate the life of my Aunt Susan's mom, Lo, also known as Nana. Nana was 80 years old and on Thursday afternoon, she got to meet Jesus!

Nana loved her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchild. Though I don't fall into any of those categories by blood, I certainly felt loved like a grandchild of Nana's. She has always been "Nana" to me and all of my cousins. We have enjoyed numerous celebrations and holidays where the Veasey's and the Wright's have all celebrated together. She was there at my wedding, helping with my bridesmaids luncheon, and when it was Allyson's turn, she gave me recipes for my family cookbook project that I gave to Ally as a shower gift - she even collected recipes from her sisters that she knew Ally would want in her book. She was so happy the day Ally got married! Then came KB - her one and only great-grandchild. The joy in her face while holding KB is evident to anyone around (and in pictures).

Nana loved the beach and the pool. I remember thinking it was so cool that Nana body surfed in the ocean with us as kids, teenagers, and well I'm not sure Nana EVER gave up body surfing. Nana was a "snowbird" thus she spent her winters in sunny FL. She was in FL for her last days on this earth but I think her heavenly home definitely has a pool and may even be ocean front property.

Nana loved and served Jesus and I am certain that she is smiling down on her family and friends from heaven today. I am thankful that for the past 27 years, she let me call her Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment